Changing the GST/HST Rate for Multiple Matters
You can change the GST/HST rate for multiple existing matters through the Global Change feature. You can use this feature to change the rates for all existing matters or if you want to change the rates for all matters under a specific Client, Responsible Lawyer, or Bill Settings template. This feature changes the GST/HST rate for any matter that you select regardless of the old rate.
Use the Change Matter GST/HST Rates feature if you only want to change the rate for matters that currently have a specific GST/HST rate (eg. Change the rate on all matters that currently have a GST/HST rate of 5% to a rate of 6%). Refer to Changing the GST/HST Rate for All Matters if you want to change the rate for both existing and new matters.
Take the following steps to change the GST/HST rate for multiple matters:
- Click File and select Matter and Global Change... to open the Select Matters to View window.
- Enter a client number in the Client box to only change the rate for that client's matters or leave it blank to change the rate for all clients.
- Enter a Responsible Lawyer's nickname in the Resp Lawyer box to only change the rate for that lawyer's matters or leave it blank to change the rate for all matters.
- Enter a Bill Settings template name in the Bill Settings Used box to only change the rate for matters that use those Bill Settings or leave it blank to change the rate for all matters.
- Click OK.
- Click OK on the Choose which field(s) you wish to change for all selected matters and then enter the new value(s) prompt to open the Matters - Global Change window.
- Click the Billing tab.
- Click to check the GST/HST on Fees box toward the top right corner of the Matters - Global Change window, and enter the new GST/HST rate on fees.
- Click to check the GST/HST on Disb box, and enter the new GST/HST rate on disbursements.
- Click OK.
- Click Yes on the This option will change the selected field(s) for all matters that you have chosen. Are you sure? prompt.