Create a Disbursement at Billing
Use the Billing Information window to create a disbursement at billing.
Take the following steps to create a disbursement using the Billing Information window:
- Click Billing and select Bill... to open the Bill Selections window.
- Enter a matter number in the Matter box.
- Enter a lawyer number in the Lawyer box or leave it blank to create a bill for all lawyers.
- Enter a date in the Bill from box to bill items that you enter on or after that date.
- Enter a date in the Bill to box to bill items that you enter on or before that date.
NOTE: Enter 1/1/1982 in the Bill from box and 12/31/2199 in the Bill to box to bill for all dates.
- Choose a template from the Template drop-down list or leave it blank to use the default template.
- Enter the date of the bill in the A/R Date box.
- Enter a new invoice number in the Invoice box or use the default number provided.
- Click to check Include Held Charges to include fees and disbursements marked as held.
- Select Output options.
- Click the Options tab.
- Click to check the Prompt for Changes to Billed Amounts box.
- Use the Matter, Fees, Disbs, Rcpts, Trust, and Options tabs to select additional billing options.
- Click OK to open the Billing Information window.
NOTE: Click OK if you receive the Accept or Change the Billed amounts, or press Cancel on the Billing screen to exit from Billing message.
- Enter the total disbursement amount in the Disbursements box.
- Click OK on the Billing Information window to open the Unrecorded Disbursements window.
- Allocate the total disbursement amount on the Unrecorded Disbursements window.
- Click OK on the Unrecorded Disbursements window to create the invoice.