Pre-Bills Print with a Zero Balance
PCLaw® creates zero balance bills for matters with no new charges when you mass bill due to the configuration of the Ignore if Less Than settings.
Take the following steps to exclude bills with a zero balance:
- Click Billing and select Pre-Bill... to open the Pre-Bill Selections window.
- Leave the Matter box blank to create a pre-bill for all matters.
- Enter a client number in the Client box or leave it blank to create a pre-bill for all clients.
- Enter a lawyer number in the Lawyer box or leave it blank to create a pre-bill for all lawyers.
- Enter a date in the Bill from box to bill items that you enter on or after that date.
- Enter a date in the Bill to box to bill items that you enter on or before that date.
NOTE: Enter 1/1/1982 in the Bill from box and 12/31/2199 in the Bill to box to bill for all dates.
- Choose a template from the Template drop-down list or leave it blank to use the default template.
- Enter a file name in the Disk File box or leave it blank to use the default sample.rtf file name.
NOTE: The Disk File box is only available when you select the Editor output option.
- Click to check Include Held Charges to bill fees and disbursements with a Hold status or uncheck it to not bill these charges.
- Click to check Show Descriptions for 'Add to Totals Only' Charges to show details of entries with a hold status of add to totals only or uncheck it to hide the details.
- Click to check Include 'Never Bill' Charges to bill fees and disbursements with a hold status of never bill or uncheck it to not bill these charges.
- Click the Options tab.
- Uncheck Include if Payments Since Last Invoice.
- Uncheck Include if AR Balance
- Enter 0.00 in the Fees Less Than box.
- Enter 0.00 in the Disbursements Less Than box.
- Enter 0.01 in the Charges Less Than box.
- Use the Matter, Fees, Disbs, Rcpts, Trust, and Options tabs to select additional pre-billing options.
- Select Output options.
- Click OK to create the pre-bill.
NOTE: Click Load Last to load the pre-bill selections as they appear on the last pre-bill.