Finding Matter Totals and Matter Accounting Information
Run the Client Ledger to find matter totals and detailed client accounting information that includes Unbilled Disbursements, Unbilled Fees, Billed Disbursements, Billed Fees, Receipts, General Retainers, Trust Receipts, Trust Disbursements, Trust Balance, and Accounts Receivable Balance.
Take the following steps to find the matter totals and detailed matter accounting information:
- Click Reports, select Client, and Ledger... to open the Client Ledger window.
- Enter a matter number in the Matter box.
- Enter 1/1/1982 in the Start Date box and 12/31/2199 in the End Date box to run the report for all dates.
- Select Default from the Layout drop-down.
- Leave all other report options on the Common, Matters, and Other tabs at their default values.
- Select Output options.
- Click OK to generate a Client Ledger with accounting information detail.
NOTE: See Entries that Appear on the Client Ledger for descriptions of the different entries that appear on the report.
- Look to the bottom of the report to find the matter totals.