Using the Program
1099 Listing Overview
The 1099 Listing lists vendors and amounts paid to vendors that exceed a specific dollar amount. The listing provides required information to prepare for the year end 1099 reporting.
Take the following steps to generate the 1099 Listing:
- Click Reports, and select Accounts Payable, and 1099 Listing... to open the 1099 Listing window.
- Enter the vendor number in the Vendor box or leave it blank to run the report for all vendors.
- Select one of the following Include Vendors options:
- Active - View payments to active vendors only.
- Inactive - View payments to inactive vendors only.
- Both - View payments to active and inactive vendors.
- Enter a dollar amount in the Threshold Amount box to view vendors with total payments exceeding this amount.
- Enter a Payment Date in the Start Date box to include payments on or after that date.
- Enter a Payment Date in the End Date box to include payments on or before that date.
- Click to check mark General Checks to include general bank vendor checks made with Include in A/P deselected.
- Click to check mark Trust Checks to include trust bank vendor checks.
NOTE: General and trust checks are included on the Vendor Ledger if the vendor name appearing on the Paid To box exactly matches the vender name that appears in the Open Vendor window. This includes Trust to General Transfers at the time of billing that contain a vendor name in the Paid To field.
- Select Output options.
- Click OK to generate the 1099 Listing.
Click Load Last to load the report selections as they appear on the last 1099 Listing.
You can also view a Just in Time Training Tutorial Video about 1099s. To begin the video, open the site, log in, and register for the class. A link to the Just In Time Training Tutorial topic will be listed on your My Courses page in LexisNexis® University.