Delete the PCLawSEC files
We recommend contacting the firm's Network Administrator or PC/IT staff to complete the following steps on how to delete the PCLawSEC files.
Take the following steps to delete the PCLawSEC files:
- Open PCLaw and log into the firm's set of books.
- Click Help and select About LexisNexis Back Office to open the About window.
- Hold down Ctrl + Shift and click the Tech Support button to open the LexisNexis PCLaw Directory Dump window.
- Select DYNAMIC: and click the Shell To button to open the Windows Command Prompt window.
- Enter start. to open the Dyndata folder.
- Close PCLaw and verify that PCLaw is closed on all workstations.
- Right-click PCLawSEC.[xxx] in the Dyndata folder and Select Delete.
NOTE: You need to delete all PCLawSEC.[xxx] files. For example PCLawSEC.000 through PCLawSEC.010.
- Click X to close the Dyndata folder.
If you receive an error while deleting the PCLawSEC files, then try to unlock and close the open PCLaw file.