Using the Program
Finalizing the Bank Reconciliation
After you successfully reconcile your bank account in the Bank Reconciliation window the This account has been balanced and can be reconciled... message appears.
The following are true when you get this message:
- You successfully marked all items in the Bank Reconciliation window that appear on your bank statement.
- The Calculated Bank Statement Balance matches the Actual Bank Statement Balance.
- The Calculated Bank Journal Balance matches the Actual Bank Journal Balance.
Take the following steps to finalize and save the bank reconciliation:
- Click Close on the This account has been balanced and can be reconciled... message.
- Print the Bank Reconciliation Report for your records.
NOTE: It is import to keep a hard-copy record of your Bank Reconciliation Report showing that it reconciles because the Reprint feature in the Bank Reconciliation - Select Account window does not save a copy of the report. The hard-copy print out is also an invaluable tool to help troubleshoot future bank reconciliations.
- Click OK.
- Click Yes on the Do you want to proceed to the next period? prompt.