General Ledger Statement Overview
The General Ledger Statement lists all financial accounting transactions in PCLaw. The report shows the debits and credits to each G/L account and their opening and closing balances. The balances that appear on the other Financial Statements (G/L Statements) reflect the entries that post to the General Ledger.
Take the following steps to run the General Ledger Statement:
- Click G/L and select G/L Statements... to open the Statements window.
- Click to check the General Ledger box under the Statement Selection options.
NOTE: Click to uncheck the Trial Balance, Income Statement, and Balance Sheet boxes if you only want to run the General Ledger.
- Enter a G/L template name in the Template box.
- Select Range from the G/L Account Selections box.
- Select First Current Asset from the Start drop-down list.
- Select Last Expense from the End drop-down list.
- Enter the period start and end dates in the Current Report Period date boxes.
NOTE: Click Use Previous to run the report for the same dates as the last statement you ran. Click Default to run the report for the next open period.
- Click to check the Detailed box to show each debit and credit on the report or uncheck it to only show balances for each G/L account.
NOTE: Summarized G/L accounts only show a summary of debits and credits on the report, even when you check the Detailed box.
- Select Output options.
- Use the Other tab to select additional report options.
- Click OK to generate the report.
NOTE: Click Yes if you get the Do you want to re-read G/L information? prompt.