Correcting Retainers Using the BillFlow Manager
You can edit retainers in the BillFlow Manager using the Correct-General Retainer window.
Take the following steps to correct a retainer using the BillFlow Manager:
- Click Billing and select BillFlow Manager... to open the BillFlow Manager window.
- Select the BillFlow that you want to use from the BillFlow Name drop-down list.
- Click the Retainers tab.
- Double-click the retainer that you want to change to open the Correct - General Retainer window.
- Enter a bank account in the Acct box.
- Accept or change the receipt number in the Rcpt # box.
- Enter the payee's name in the From box.
- Enter a date in the Date box.
- Enter the amount in the Amount box.
- Select an explanation code or enter an explanation in the Explanation box.
- Enter a matter nickname in the Matter box.
- Select a Payment Method from the drop-down list.
NOTE: You only need to complete this step if you enable the Use Deposit Slips feature.
- Enter the name of the bank from which the transaction originated in the Originating Bank box.
NOTE: You only need to complete this step if you enable the Ask for Originating Bank feature.
- Enter the amount of the retainer in the Amount column under Allocation. If you need to allocate the receipt to multiple G/L accounts, enter the value of each allocation on a separate line.
- Enter a general ledger account in the G/L Acct column for each allocation.
- Click Hold to put a seven day hold on the receipt.
NOTE: If a bill includes a held retainer, the program prompts you at the time of billing.
- Click Print to open the Additional Receipt Information window and print the receipt.
- Click OK to save and post.