File Location Report Overview
The File Location report provides a list of matters and the physical location of any paper files. The report includes the matter open date, matter close date for closed matters, closed matter number, and physical file location. You can run the report for active, inactive, and archived matters. The report does not include matters that you purge. Run the File Location report for the following purposes:
- Listing matters that you archive during a specific period
- Listing the file locations for matters
- Listing all matters in a specific file location
Take the following steps to run the File Location report:
- Click Reports and select Client, then File Location... to open the File Location window.
- Enter a matter number in the Matter box or leave it blank to run the report for all matters.
- Enter a client number in the Client box or leave it blank to run the report for all clients.
- Enter a lawyer nickname in the Resp Lawyer box or leave it blank to run the report for all lawyers.
- Select Output options.
- Use the Matters, Other, and Layout Tabs to select additional report options.
NOTE: Click Load Last to load the report selections as they appear on the last File Location report.
- Click OK to generate the report.