Creating Bills for a Responsible Lawyer
Take the following steps to create bills for matters that you assign to a Responsible Lawyer:
- Click Billing and select Bill... to open the Bill Selections window.
- Enter a Responsible Lawyer's nickname in the Lawyer box.
NOTE: The Responsible Lawyer changes to the Collecting Lawyer when you select both a lawyer and a matter or a client on the Main tab. This change posts unallocated fees, write ups, and write downs to the Collecting Lawyer.
- Enter a date in the Bill from box to include items that you enter on or after that date.
- Enter a date in the Bill to box to include items that you enter on or before that date.
NOTE: Enter 1/1/1982 in the Bill from box and 12/31/2199 in the Bill to box to bill for all dates.
- Select a template from the Template drop-down list or leave it blank to use the default template.
- Enter the date you want to appear on the bill in the A/R Date box.
- Enter a new invoice number in the Invoice box or use the default number that PCLaw provides.
- Click to check Include Held Charges to include fees and disbursements with a Hold status.
- Use the Matter, Fees, Disbs, Rcpts, Trust, and Options tabs to select additional billing options.
- Select Output options.
- Click OK to create the bill.
NOTE: Click Load Last to load the bill selections as they appear on the last billing.