Creating Bills for Matters with an A/R Balance
Take the following steps to create bills for matters with an A/R Balance:
- Click Billing and select Bill... to open the Bill Selections window.
- Enter a matter number in the Matter box or leave it blank to create a bill for all matters.
- Enter a client number in the Client box or leave it blank to create a bill for all clients.
- Enter a lawyer number in the Lawyer box or leave it blank to create a bill for all lawyers.
- Enter a date in the Bill from box to include items that you enter on or after that date.
- Enter a date in the Bill to box to include items that you enter on or before that date.
NOTE: Enter 1/1/1982 in the Bill from box and 12/31/2199 in the Bill to box to bill for all dates.
- Select a template from the Template drop-down list or leave it blank to use the default template.
- Enter the date of the bill in the A/R Date box.
- Enter a new invoice number in the Invoice box or use the default number that PCLaw provides.
- Click to check Include Held Charges to include fees and disbursements with a Hold status or uncheck it to exclude these charges.
- Click the Options tab.
- Click to check mark Include if A/R Balance At Least and enter 0.01 in the box.
- Use the Matter, Fees, Disbs, Rcpts, Trust, and Options tabs to select additional billing options.
- Select Output options.
- Click OK to create the bill.
NOTE: Click Load Last to load the bill selections as they appear on the last billing.