Creating Additional BillFlows
The steps to create your first BillFlow vary slightly from the steps to create subsequent BillFlows.
Take the following steps to create additional BillFlows:
- Click Billing and select BillFlow Manager... to open the BillFlow Manager window.
- Click New to open the BillFlow Selections window.
- Enter a name in the BillFlow Name box.
- Enter a matter number in the Matter box or leave it blank to create a BillFlow for all matters.
- Enter a client number in the Client box or leave it blank to create a BillFlow for all clients.
- Enter a lawyer number in the Lawyer box or leave it blank to create a BillFlow for all lawyers.
- Enter a date in the Bill from box to include items that you enter on or after that date.
- Enter a date in the Bill to box to include items that you enter on or before that date.
NOTE: Enter 1/1/1982 in the Bill from box and 12/31/2199 in the Bill to box to bill for all dates.
- Enter the date you want to appear on the bill in the A/R Date box.
- Select a template from the Template drop-down or leave it blank to use the default template.
- Click to check Include Held Charges to include fees and disbursements with a Hold status or uncheck it to exclude these charges.
- Click to check Show Descriptions for 'Add to Totals Only' Charges to include the descriptions, hours, and amount for fee entries with a hold status of Add to Totals Only or uncheck it to exclude these charges.
- Click to check Include 'Never Bill' Charges to include fees and disbursements with the status of Never Bill.
- Use the Matter, Fees, Disbs, Rcpts, Trust, and Options tabs to select additional BillFlow options.
- Select Output options.
- Click OK to create the BillFlow.
NOTE: Click Load Last to load the BillFlow selections as they appear on the last BillFlow.