Use Quoted Types to Add a Minimum Monthly Fee
Use the Minimum Monthly Fee setting to create a minimum amount for each bill. PCLaw writes fees up if unbilled fees do not meet the minimum monthly fee. Nothing occurs when the unbilled fees are more than the minimum monthly fee. You can set a maximum dollar value to restrict fees to be equal to or less than that amount.
Take the following steps to use the Minimum Monthly Fee setting:
- Click File and select Matter Manager... to open the Matter Manager window.
- Enter a matter number in the Matter box.
- Press the Tab key.
- Click the Billing tab.
- Select Minimum Monthly Fee from the Quoted Type drop-down list.
- Enter a minimum dollar amount in the Amount box.
- Select one of the following:
- Every Bill - bills the monthly fee each month during mass billing
- Number of Bills - enter the number of bills that you want to bill the monthly fee
- Enter a maximum dollar amount in the Max Fees box to restrict total fees to that amount or leave it blank if you do not want to restrict total fees billed.
NOTE: The Max Fees must be equal to or greater than the Amount x Number of Bills.
- Click Save/Close.