Billing by Lawyer Report Overview
The Billing by Lawyer report summarizes billed time and hours by Fee Credit Lawyer or by type of law. The report calculates the effective billing rate for billed time and fees, fee adjustments, and write ups or write downs. The report also provides the amount of payments allocated to fees and the percent of total payments that apply to fees.
Take the following steps to run the Billing by Lawyer report:
- Click Reports and select Productivity, then Billing by Lawyer... to open the Billing by Lawyer window.
- Enter a lawyer nickname in the Fee Credit Lawyer box or leave it blank to run the report for all lawyers.
- Enter a law type in the Type of Law box or leave it blank to run the report for all types of law.
- Enter a date in the Start Date box.
- Enter a date in the End Date box.
NOTE: Enter 1/1/1982 in the Start Date box and 12/31/2199 in the End Date box to run the report for all dates.
- Select one of the following Sort by options:
- Type of Law
- Fee Credit Lawyer
- Select Output options.
- Use the Layout tab to change the appearance of the report.
NOTE: Click Load Last to load the report selections as they appear on the last Billing by Lawyer report.
- Click OK to generate the report.