Entering Trust Receipts with a Payment Method and Originating Bank
You can specify a payment method and originating bank for receipts after you enable the Ask for Originating Bank feature in System Settings.
Take the following steps to enter a trust receipt with a payment method and originating bank:
- Click Data Entry, and select Trust Bank, and Receipt to open the Trust Receipt window.
- Enter an account number in the Acct box.
- Enter a receipt number in the Rcpt# box.
- Enter the payee name in the From field.
- Enter the date in the Date box.
- Enter the receipt amount in the Amount box.
- Enter an explanation or memo in the Explanation field.
- Enter the cheque number in the Client's Cheque # box.
- Select the payment method from the Pmnt Method drop-down.
NOTE: The Pmnt Method box is only available after you enable the Use Deposit Slips feature.
- Enter the originating bank in the Originating Bank field.
NOTE: The Originating Bank field is only available after you enable the Ask for Originating Bank feature.
- Enter the matter number in the Matter column.
- Click OK to enter the receipt.