Client Accounting Ledger Overview
PCLaw offers the Client Accounting Ledger to meet the specific accounting needs of Australian law firms. Other law firms can also use it to detail matter transactions that post to the G/L. The report includes billed fees, billed and unbilled disbursements, Accounts Receivable balance, trust entries, taxes, and general retainers. The report provides both period and end date totals.
Take the following steps to produce the Client Accounting Ledger:
- Click Reports, select Client, and Accounting Ledger. to open the Client Accounting Ledger window.
- Enter a matter number in the Matter box or leave it blank to run the report for all matters.
- Enter a client number in the Client box or leave it blank to run the report for all clients.
- Enter a lawyer nickname in the Resp Lawyer box or leave it blank to run the report for all lawyers.
- Enter a date in the Start Date box to include entries on or after that date.
- Enter a date in the End Date box to include entries on or before that date.
NOTE: Enter 1/1/1982 in the Start Date box and 12/31/2199 in the End Date box to run the report for all dates.
- Click to check the Totals Only box to only show matter totals or uncheck it to show each entry on the report.
- Click to check the Firm Totals Only box to only show the firm totals or uncheck it to show each entry on the report.
NOTE: The report can take an extremely long time to generate if you do not narrow the report to a specific matter, client, or lawyer, or do not select Firm Totals Only.
- Click to check the Trust Only box to only include Trust transactions on the report.
- Click to check the Show Paid by Check (Cheque) # on Paid Payables box if you want to include the check number for paid Accounts Payables on the report.
- Click to check the Show Trust Summary by Account box to include a summary by trust account for both firm and for matters on the report.
- Select Default from the Layout drop-down.
- Use the Matters and Layout tabs to select additional report options.
- Select Output options.
NOTE: Click Load Last to load the report selections as they appear on the last Client Accounting Ledger.
- Click OK to generate the report.