Using the Program
Downloading and Installing the PCLaw Software as a Multiple User Database
Before you install the PCLaw® software as a multiple user database, verify that the following conditions exist:
- Your system meets the minimum requirements
- You intend to install the software on the primary computer or server first
NOTE: If you install an Enterprise edition of PCLaw, you must install the software on the same computer that contains your Microsoft SQL server.
- You have an internet connection through which you can validate the PCLaw license
- Your firewall and antivirus program have exclusions for the PCLaw application and data files
- Your computer has a network drive mapped to the PCLaw Shared Components folder
If you want to convert existing client and matter information from a different program, contact Customer Support.
Take the following steps to install the PCLaw software as a multiple user database:
- Close all programs.
- Go to www.pclaw.com/techpage.asp.
- Select PCLaw Version [your PCLaw version] from the Please select the product update drop-down list.
- Click Go to open the LexisNexis PCLaw Software License Agreement page.
- Read the license agreement and enter your information in the required fields.
- Click I have read and agree with license to open the LexisNexis PCLaw Support Downloads page.
- Click the Download link to the right of PCLaw V [your PCLaw version] to download the PCLaw installer.
- Click Save and select Desktop to save the installer to your desktop.
- Double-click the pclaw[your PCLaw version].exe file on your desktop and click Run to open the PCLaw Setup Wizard.
- Read the license agreement and click Accept if you accept the agreement and want to begin the installation.
- Select Create New Set of Books and click Next.
- Enter the Product Key and click Next.
- Enter the directory where you want to save your PCLaw books.
NOTE: Install your PCLaw books to a shared network location that all PCLaw users have both Read and Write permissions to.
- Click Next to accept the default PCLaw program directories.
- Click Start to begin the installation.
NOTE: The speed of the installation process depends on your computer speed. It is not unusual for this process to take several minutes.
- Click Finish to close the installation wizard and to open the Prepare a New Set of Books Wizard.