Installing the LexisNexis Credit Card Processing Application
The LexisNexis Credit Card Processing Application is only available for PCLaw version 9.3 or higher and is compliant with Credit Card Company mandated additional security measures. PCLaw prompts you to install the LexisNexis Credit Card Processing Application the first time you apply a credit card payment. Until you set up the LexisNexis Credit Card Processing Application, you cannot process any credit cards for your customers.
Take the following steps to install the LexisNexis Credit Card Processing Application:
- Click Options and select Lists and Bank Accounts to open the Bank Accounts window.
- Click to select your Bank Account that you use to process credit card transactions from the Bank Account list.
- Click Change to open the Change Bank Account window.
- Click Configure Merchant Account to start the LexisNexis Credit Card Processing Application install wizard.
- Click Yes to open the Welcome window.
- Click Accept to open the PCI Agreement window.
- Click Agree to open the Destination Directory window.
- Leave the Destination Directory set to default.
- Click Next to continue.
- Click Start to install the LexisNexis Credit Card Processing Application.
- Click Done to close the install wizard and open the Create Administrator User setup wizard.
- Click OK to create an Administrator User for the Credit Card Processing Application.
- Enter the administrator user's login name in the User Name box.
- Enter a user description in the Description box (optional).
- Enter a password for the user in the Password box.
- Enter the same password in the Confirm Password box.
NOTE: Passwords must meet all of the following requirements:
- At least 8 characters long.
- Combination of Numbers, Letters, and Symbols.
- You can use spaces.
- Passwords cannot contain the username.
- Passwords expire every 90 days and cannot be reused.
- You cannot reissue or reactivate a username if you delete it. Usernames are kept for audit logs.
- Click OK to close the Create Administrator User setup wizard.