Matter to Matter Transfer
Take the following steps to post a Matter to Matter Transfer:
- Select Matter-to-Matter Transfer from either the Data Entry / General Bank or the Data Entry / Trust Bank drop-down menu to transfer either retainer funds or trust funds, respectively.
- Select the bank account in the Acct box.
NOTE: Funds transferred through this feature do not change bank accounts. If it is necessary to move funds into a different bank account, use the Bank-to-Bank Transfer feature after you complete the Matter-to-Matter Transfer.
- Select the nickname of the matter from which the funds are transferred in the From Matter box.
- Select the nickname of the matter receiving the funds in the To Matter box.
- Select the date of the transfer in the Date box.
- Enter the amount of the transfer in the Amount box.
- Select an explanation code or enter an extended explanation in the Explanation box.
- Click OK to process the transfer.