The Verify Data Integrity (VDI) Tool
The Verify Data Integrity (VDI) tool can help correct common inconsistencies between reports. VDI refreshes index files that fail to update on their own.
Because all Users need to exit the PCLaw program during the VDI, many law firms find it more convenient to run the process at the end of the day or overnight. Running the VDI can take an extremely long time.
Take the following steps to run the VDI tool:
- Ask all Users to exit the PCLaw program.
- Sign in with the ADMIN ID.
- Make a backup of the program.
- Click Tools and select Verify Data Integrity... to open the Verify Data Integrity window.
- Click to check mark any data areas that you want to re-index.
NOTE: You can typically select the first seven data areas when you run a VDI. The process can take longer to complete if you select more data areas to re-index.
- Click OK to begin the VDI.
- Click OK on the Data verification finished successfully; minor inconsistencies may have been fixed. prompt.
You may receive error messages One of the index files needs to be rebuilt or Index file successfully rebuilt during the VDI. Click OK to close the error message window. If you receive any other error messages during the VDI, contact Customer Support.