Setting the Default Billing Template in a Bill Settings Profile to Use for Multiple Matters
You can select a default Billing Template in a Bill Settings Profile to set a template for each matter that uses the Bill Settings Profile. Changing the template in the Bill Settings Profile overrides the default Billing Template that you select in System Settings. You can override the default template that you select in the Bill Settings Profile by changing the template in Matter Manager or at the time of billing. The template that you select applies to all bills, quick bills, and pre-bills.
Take the following steps to set a default Billing Template in a Bill Settings Profile:
- Click File and select Matter Manager... to open the Matter Manager window.
- Click the Billing tab.
- Double-click inside the Bill Settings box to open the Pop Up Help - Matter Bill Settings window.
- Click to highlight the Bill Settings Profile that you want to change.
- Click Change... to open the Change Matter Bill Settings window.
- Double-click inside the Billing Template box to open the Pop Up Help - Bill Templates window.
- Double-click to select a Bill Template and to return to the Change Matter Bill Settings window.
- Click OK to save your changes and to return to the Pop Up Help - Matter Bill Settings window.
- Click OK to return to the Matter Manager window.
- Click Save/Close to save your changes.
The new template applies to all matters that use the Bill Settings Profile and do not have the Allow Bill Settings Overrides box checked on the Billing tab of Matter Manager.