Using the Program
Enabling the TAF Feature in System Settings
You need to enable and configure the Trust Administration Fee in System Settings before you can make TAF entries in the program.
Take the following steps to enable and configure the TAF feature in System Settings:
- Click Options and select System Settings... to open the System Settings window.
- Click the Provincial tab.
- Click to check the Use Trust Administration Fee box.
- Click to check the Charge Trust Administration Fee to Client box if you want to transfer the cost to your clients.
- Enter the total TAF amount in the TAF Amount box.
- Enter the Firm Filing ID in the Firm Filing ID box.
- Enter the default explanation code that you want to use for TAF entries in the Explanation box.
- Accept the default G/L Liability account in the Liability box or enter different G/L account.
- Accept the default G/L Expense account in the Firm Expense box or enter a different G/L account.
- Click OK.
- Click Yes if you receive the Would you like PCLaw to update G/L account names... prompt.
- Exit and reopen the program to apply the new settings.