Customizing PCLaw Reports
You can customize PCLaw reports to meet the needs of your firm. You can add, remove, and change report columns on the following reports:
- General Bank Journal
- Trust Bank Journal
- Client Ledger
- Client Summary
- Client Fees Listing
- Client Trust Ledger
- Trust Bank Matter-to-Matter Transfer Journal
- Billing (Fees) Journal
- Invoice Journal
- Write Up/Down Journal
- List of Clients
- Receivables by Client
- Payment Allocation Listing
- Time Listing
Take the following steps to customize a report:
- Click Reports and select the report you want to customize to open the report selections window.
- Click the Common tab.
- Click Add... to open a blank Customizable Report - Layout or click Change... to open a Customizable Report - Layout window that displays the default fields.
- Enter a layout name in the Layout Name field.
NOTE: PCLaw saves your changes under the existing layout name if you do not change the layout name.
- Select a font from the Report Font drop-down list.
- Enter a font size in the Report Font Size box.
- Enter a new title in the Report Title field or accept the default title.
NOTE: The default title is the report name you select from the Reports menu.
- Highlight a column name in the Available box that you want to add to the report.
- Click Add >>> to move the field or column name to the Selected box.
NOTE: Sample text appears as 987654321.00 for fields and columns that contain numeric information and as textn - Repeat for those that contain text.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 until all the fields and columns you want are on the preview window.
- Click to highlight a field or column name in the Selected box that you want to move on the preview window.
- Use the green Move arrows under the Selected Field Properties section to move the fields up or down or to move the column left and right on the report.
NOTE: When you overlap columns, PCLaw changes the sample text to Overlap, highlights the column in red, and places a checkmark next to the overlapping column names in the Selected box. You must correct any columns that overlap before you can save the layout.
- Use the green Size arrows to change the column's width.
- Change or accept additional properties under the Selected Field Properties section.
- Click OK to save.
NOTE: PCLaw prompts you to make your new layout the default template for the report.
- Click Yes to return to the Common tab and make the new layout your default template or click No to return to the Common tab and keep the current default template.
- Select the new template name from the Layout drop-down list.
- Click OK to run the report.