Finding the Outstanding Balance for Single Invoice
You can run the Billing (Fees) Journal to find the amount outstanding for a single invoice.
Take the following steps to find the total amount outstanding for a single invoice:
- Click Reports, select Journal, and Billing (Fees)... to open the Billing (Fees) Journal window.
- Click the Common tab.
- Enter the invoice number in the Invoice box.
- Enter 1/1/1982 in the Start Date box and 12/31/2199 in the End Date box to run the report for all dates.
- Click to check the Include Paid Invoices box.
- Click to check the Show Balances as of End Date box.
- Select Default in the Layout drop-down list.
- Select Output options.
- Leave all other fields and boxes on the Common tab blank.
- Click OK to generate the report.
- Look under the A/R Balance column to find the total amount outstanding for the invoice.