Finding the Last Invoice Number
You can run the Invoice Journal to find the last invoice number.<.p>
Take the following steps to find the last invoice number:
- Click Reports, select Journal, and Invoice Journal to open the Invoice Journal window.
- Enter the date of the last known invoice in the Start Date box.
NOTE: If you do not know the date of the last known invoice, enter a date one month prior to the current date.
- Enter 12/31/2199 in the End Date box.
- Click to select Invoice in the Sort by options box.
- Select Default from the Layout drop-down.
- Select Output options.
- Click the Other tab.
- Click to uncheck all of the boxes under Summarize By.
- Click to check the Include Corrected Entries box.
- Click OK to generate the report.
- Find the last entry on the bottom of the report and look under the Inv # column to find the last invoice number.