Entering a GST/HST Refund
Take the following steps to enter a GST/HST refund:
- Click Data Entry, select General Bank, and Firm Receipt to open the Firm Receipt window.
- Enter Receiver General in the From box.
- Enter the receipt date in the Date box.
- Enter the refund amount in the Amount box.
NOTE: The refund amount is the same amount as the Refund Claimed (114) row of the GST/HST Journal. Refer to Finding the GST/HST Amount to Remit for more information on finding the GST/HST refund amount.
- Select Z from the GST/HST Type drop-down.
- Enter an explanation in the Explanation box.
- Click OK to open the Remittance Date window.
- Enter the remittance period end date in the Remittance for Period Ending box.
- Click OK.