Changing the Remittance Period on a Remittance Check (Cheque)
The GST/HST amount you owe in the Payment Enclosed (115) row of the GST/HST Journal can appear incorrect if you enter a remittance check for the wrong remittance period.
Take the following steps to change the remittance period a GST/HST remittance check:
- Click Data Entry and select Register to open the Register window.
- Click the General tab.
- Enter the remittance check date in both the Start Date and End Date boxes.
- Click Select to view the general checks and receipts for that day.
- Double-click the remittance check to open the Correct-General Check widow.
- Verify there is a Z in the Pay GST/HST drop-down.
- Enter a period ( . ) at the end of the explanation in the Explanation box.
- Click OK to open the Remittance Date window.
- Enter the correct remittance period end date in the Remittance for Period Ending box.
- Click OK to return the Register window.
- Click Save/Close to return to the PCLaw desktop.