Using Microsoft SQL Enterprise Manager to Move the PCLaw Database
Before you use Microsoft SQL Enterprise Manager, verify that the following conditions exist:
- The destination server configuration supports Microsoft Windows and Microsoft SQL Server Authentication
- You can gain access to the destination Microsoft SQL Server from all workstations
- You have the SA Login and password for both the originating and destination servers
- You have the PCLaw Admin password
Take the following steps to use Microsoft SQL Enterprise Manager to move your PCLaw® database to a new Microsoft SQL Server:
- Ensure that all PCLaw users exit the software.
- Locate the PCLaw database on the originating Microsoft SQL Server.
- Copy the PCLaw database files and paste them in the destination SQL Server.
Note: If the old server is using the PCLaw files or if the old server is still running, you cannot copy the files to the new server. Contact Microsoft if you need help closing the files or stopping the old server.
- Attach your PCLaw SQL data files to the new server.
- Create a Microsoft SQL Login and Password for the PCLaw database on the new server.
- Move the PCLaw Data folder to the new server.
- Contact PCLaw Customer Support to change the name of the Microsoft SQL Server in the PCLaw Data folder.
If you want a support engineer to move your data for you, contact PCLaw Sales.