Resetting Matter Balances
The Reset Matter Balances feature refreshes matter information in the program to ensure that the balances on various client reports and client summary information on data entry windows reflect the most recent information. This fixes mismatches between the Client Summary and Client Ledger reports.
Take the following steps to Reset Matter Balances:
- Ask all Users to exit the program.
- Sign in using the ADMIN ID.
- Make a back up of the program.
- Click Tools and select Verify Data Integrity... to open the Verify Data Integrity window.
- Click Reset Matter Bals to open the Reset Matter Balances window.
- Enter a matter number in the Matter box or leave it blank to reset balances for all clients.
- Enter a client number in the Client box or leave it blank to reset the matter balances for all of your client's matters.
- Click to check the Include Archived Matter box to reset the matter balances for archived, active, and inactive matters or uncheck it to only reset matter balances for active and inactive matters.
NOTE: This may take a significant amount of time to run.
- Click OK to reset the matter balances and return to the Verify Data Integrity window.
- Click Cancel to return to the desktop.