Correcting Trust Receipts Using the BillFlow Manager
You can edit Trust Receipts in the BillFlow Manager using the Correct-Trust Receipt window.
Take the following steps to correct a Trust Receipt using the BillFlow Manager:
- Click Billing and select BillFlow Manager... to open the BillFlow Manager window.
- Select the BillFlow that you want to use from the BillFlow Name drop-down list.
- Click the Trust tab.
- Double-click the trust entry that you want to change to open the Correct - Trust Receipt window.
- Enter a bank account in the Acct box.
- Accept or change the receipt number in the Rcpt # box.
- Enter the payee's name in the From box.
- Enter a date in the Date box.
- Enter the amount in the Amount box.
- Select an explanation code or enter an explanation in the Explanation box.
- Enter a matter nickname in the Matter box.
- Select a Payment Method from the drop-down list.
NOTE: You only need to complete this step if you enable the Use Deposit Slips feature.
- Enter the name of the bank from which the transaction originated in the Originating Bank box.
NOTE: You only need to complete this step if you enable the Ask for Originating Bank feature.
- Enter the amount of the retainer in the Amount column under Allocation, and enter the value of each allocation on a separate line if the receipt has multiple G/L allocations.
- Enter a general ledger account in the G/L Acct column for each allocation.
- Click Hold to put a seven day hold on the receipt.
NOTE: The program prompts you at the time of billing to include any held receipts.
- Click Print to open the Additional Receipt Information window and print the receipt.
- Click OK to save and post.