Use Quoted Types to Add a Maximum Monthly Fee
Use the Maximum Monthly Fee setting to create a maximum amount for each bill. Nothing occurs when unbilled fees do not meet the maximum monthly fee. PCLaw writes fees down if the unbilled fees are more than the maximum monthly fee. You can set a maximum dollar value that you want fees to be equal to or less than.
Take the following steps to use the Maximum Monthly Fee setting:
- Click File and select Matter Manager... to open the Matter Manager window.
- Enter a matter number in the Matter box.
- Press the Tab key.
- Click the Billing tab.
- Select Fixed Fee from the Quoted Type drop-down list.
- Enter a maximum monthly dollar amount in the Amount box.
- Select one of the following :
- Every Bill - includes the monthly fee each month during mass billing
- Number of Bills - enter the number of bills that you want to bill the monthly fee
- Enter a maximum dollar amount in the Max Fees box to restrict total fees to that amount leave it blank if you do not want to restrict total fees billed.
NOTE: The Max Fees must be equal to or greater than the Amount x Number of Bills.
- Click Save/Close.