Finding Matters with a General Retainer Balance
Run the Client Ledger to find matters with a General Retainer balance.
Take the following steps to find matters with a General Retainer balance:
- Click Reports, select Client, and Ledger... to open the Client Ledger window.
- Enter 1/1/1982 in the Start Date box and 12/31/2199 in the End Date box to run the report for all dates.
- Click to check the Totals Only box.
- Select Default from the Layout drop-down.
- Select Output options.
- Click the Other tab.
- Click to check the Retainer Balances box under Include only Matters with.
- Leave all other report options on the Common, Matters, and Other tabs at the default values.
- Click OK to generate a Client Ledger that contains matter totals for each matter with a General Retainer balance.