Finding the Total Amount Outstanding or Accounts Receivable Balance for a Matter
You can run the Billing (Fees) Journal to find the total amount outstanding or total A/R balance for a matter.
Take the following steps to find the total amount outstanding or Accounts Receivable balance for a matter:
- Click Reports, select Journal, and Billing (Fees)... to open the Billing (Fees) Journal window.
- Click the Common tab.
- Enter the matter number in the Matter box.
- Enter a date in the Start Date box to include invoices that you create on or after that date.
- Enter a date in the End Date box to include invoices that you create on or before that date.
NOTE: Enter 1/1/1982 in the Start Date box and 12/31/2199 in the End Date box to run the report for all dates.
- Click to check the Totals Only box or leave it blank to show invoice details on the report.
- Click to check the Include Paid Invoices box.
- Click to check the Show Balances as of End Date box.
- Select Default in the Layout drop-down.
- Select Output options.
- Leave all other fields and boxes on the Common tab blank.
- Click OK to generate the report.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the A/R Balance column to find the total Accounts Receivable balance for the matter.