G/L Reconciliation Report Overview
The G/L Reconciliation report compares PCLaw journals with both client ledger balances and the General Ledger control accounts for the journals. The report also lists the amount of any discrepancies between the comparable totals that appear. PCLaw generates the report up to a point in time that you specify and customizes the report details based on your firm's accounting method. Use the G/L Reconciliation report for some of the following reasons:
- Ensure control accounts reconcile to their corresponding sub-ledgers and journals
- Determine if any inappropriate entries exist on the client ledgers, journals, or General Ledger
- Help determine if the PCLaw data files require additional maintenance
Take the following steps to run the G/L Reconciliation report:
- Click Reports and select G/L Reconciliation to open the G/L Reconciliation Report window.
- Enter a date in the As At box to show balances up to and including that date.
- Click to check the Reread G/L Information box to include new entries on the G/L since the last time you ran the G/L Reconciliation report.
NOTE: We recommend that you always check this box prior to running the report.
- Select Output options.
- Click OK to generate the report.