Using the Program
Running a Manual Synchronization of the Time Matters® and PCLaw® Software
The manual synchronization of the Time Matters and PCLaw software transfers changes made in the PCLaw software to the Time Matters software. Changes made in the Time Matters software transfer to the PCLaw software in real time if you checked the Time Matters Client/Matter Changes are Updated To PCLaw option in the Program Level set up.
Take the following steps to perform a manual synchronization of the Time Matters and PCLaw software:
- Click File on the menu bar and select Synchronize and PCLaw to open the Synchronize PCLaw Changes to Time Matters window.
NOTE: If you added a PCLaw Sync button to the toolbar, click PCLaw on the toolbar to open the Synchronize PCLaw Changes to Time Matters window.
- Click to check the Confirm changes before being transferred to Time Matters box.
- Click Next to open the Changes in PCLaw to be made in Time Matters window.
- Verify the proposed changes.
NOTE: Click to highlight a record and click View to see the record details. Click Set Link to open the Matter Lookup window to associate the PCLaw matter with an existing Time Matters matter.
- Click Next to open the Transfer to Time Matters window.
- Click OK to close the Transfer to Time Matters window.
We recommend performing a backup prior to starting the synchronization process. A backup is the only way to reverse the effects of synchronization.