Tips for General Performance Enhancement
Several environmental factors may affect your experience with the Time Matters program. Make these minor changes to all systems running the Time Matters program to improve performance.
Take the following steps on all systems running the Time Matters program to enhance your experience:
- Disable Display Effects.
- Disable Enhanced Mouse Pointer Precision.
- Disable Power Management on the Network Interface Card.
- Adjust Windows® for best performance.
- Disable indexing of the Time Matters data folder on Windows Vista® computers.
- Set antivirus and firewall exclusions.
- Remove spaces from the Time Matters file locations.
- Run Database Maintenance every two weeks.
Note: If you use SQL Replication, DO NOT run Database Maintenance. Contact the Certified Independent Consultant (CIC) or the IT support person who set up the SQL Replication for assistance with Database Maintenance.