Updating Collier TopForm & File
The Collier TopForm & File program automatically checks to see if there is an updated version available. If there is, the program displays the An updated version of Collier TopForm & File is available. Would you like to download it now? window.
Take the following steps to update your program:
- Click Yes to start the automatic download and installation.
- Click OK on the Collier TopForm & File window that indicates the update is complete.
Note: The program restarts after you click OK.
The February 25, 2014 update to TopForm & File (version 13.0.1402.4060) includes:
- Forms updated/added:
- Declaration Concerning Debtor's Schedules
- F3015-1.01 - Chapter 13 Plan (CAC)
- Chapter 13 Plan (CO)
- Cover Sheet for Amendments (MIE)
- 1300.05 Chapter 13 Plan (OR)
- List of Parties Served Chapter 13 Plan and Related Motions (VAE)
- Updated/New exemption laws:
The December 10, 2013 update to Collier TopForm & File (version 13.0.1312.4057) includes:
- Forms updated/added:
- Application and Order for Individuals to Pay the Filing Fee in Installments
- Application and Order to Have the Chapter 7 Filing Fee Waived
- Summary of Schedules
- Statistical Summary of Certain Liabilities
- Form 23 - Debtor's Certification of Completion of Postpetition Instructional Course Concerning Personal Financial Management
- Form 23 - Joint Debtor's Certification of Completion of Postpetition Instructional Course Concerning Personal Financial Management
- Subpoena for Rule 2004 Examination
- Subpoena to Appear and Testify at a Hearing or Trial in a Bankruptcy Case (or Adversary Proceeding)
- Subpoena to Testify at a Deposition in a Bankruptcy Case (or Adversary Proceeding)
- Subpoena to Produce Documents, Information, or Objects or To Permit Inspection in a Bankruptcy Case (or Adversary Proceeding)
- Reaffirmation Agreement Cover Sheet
With Collier TopForm & File Version 13.0, you get all of the customer requested new forms, feature, functionality, and form enhancements that have been incorporated into the product through the frequent automatic updates to Version 12 since its release, as well as all the new useful features, tools, content updates, and enhancements exclusively available in Version 13 to help you efficiently handle your bankruptcy cases.
Version 13.0: New, Updated, and Enhanced Forms:
- New Practice Forms that help you prepare your cases and follow them through:
- A New Property & Exemptions wizard increases your efficiency by providing a single entry point that allows you to list all real and personal property and related exemptions required by Schedules A, B, and C as soon as you start a case
- A New Creditor & Claims wizard allows you to save time prepopulating Schedules D, E, and F by listing all creditors and their claims at the outset of the cases
- Enhancements that help speed you through case preparation have been made to Key Forms and Schedules, including:
- Schedule A: You now have the option to select common property descriptions and descriptions of the debtor's interest from picklists helping you list debtor's real property quicker than ever
- Schedule D: You can now select common descriptions of the nature of secured creditor's liens from a list, which reduces the need for manual data entry
- Schedule E: A list of common unsecured priority claims has been added to speed you through completion of the schedule
- Schedule F: Speed through your unsecured claims by selecting from the default list of claim descriptions or quickly entering your own
- Amended official forms from the Administrative Office of the United States Courts (AOUSC) that are scheduled to be effective on December 1, 2013, including:
- Schedule I - Your Income
- Schedule J - Your Expenses
- Form 3A - Application for Individuals to Pay the Filing Fee in Installments
- Form 3B - Application to Have the Chapter 7 Filing Fee Waived
- Form 6 - Summary (Summary of Schedules)
- Form 23 - Debtor's Certification of Completion of Instructional Course Concerning Financial Management
- Form 27 - Reaffirmation Agreement Cover Sheet
- Form 200 - Required Lists, Statements, Schedules, and Fees
- Form 254 - Subpoena for Rule 2004 Examination
- Form 255 - Subpoena to Appear and Testify at a Hearing or Trial in a Bankruptcy Case (or Adversary Proceeding)
- Form 256 - Subpoena to Testify at a Deposition in a Bankruptcy Case (or Adversary Proceeding)
- Form 257 - Subpoena to Produce Documents, Information, or Objects or To Permit Inspection in a Bankruptcy Case (or Adversary Proceeding)
Version 13.0: New feature enhancements:
- Streamlined E-filing: Default document selections streamline the preparation of e-filings
- Case Management Enhancements:
- Searchable case lists allow you to track and manage your case load more efficiently
- Enhanced case set up and case note features allow you to more easily capture and access information about your clients and their cases
- Due Diligence: Enhanced integration with the Due Diligence services provided by CIN and MicroBilt streamline the process of downloading credit report formation from these providers and flowing it to the appropriate Schedules in the Collier TopForm & File program for our customers who subscribe to these optional services.*
*Additional charges apply.
Version 13.0 Integrates Collier Topform & File Version 12 Enhancements
Collier TopForm & File Version 13 also includes all of the enhancements to forms and schedules, as well the dozens of new and updated forms added to the program since the release of TopForm & File Version 12 last November in response to customer requests and changes made by local courts and recently added feature enhancements, such as:
- The Form Update feature that increases your efficiency by giving you access to the latest bankruptcy form changes in the Collier TopForm & File program as soon as they are available, without having to wait for the next regularly scheduled monthly update and provides you confidence that the bankruptcy filings that you prepare are accurate and include the latest versions of federal bankruptcy forms and local bankruptcy forms required by your district.
- Case Export/Import provides you and your staff with the flexibility of working on your cases wherever you happen to be, which increases your productivity.
- The Case Copy feature that allows you to make copies of existing cases and turn them into editable templates for use in similar future cases. You can even create reusable templates for similar case types, such as Chapter 7 and Chapter 13, that you handle and help you get a head start in preparing the filings for each new client you have.
As always with Collier TopForm & File Version 13, you continue to get frequent, regular updates throughout the year bringing you the latest form and content updates and product feature enhancements.
Questions? Contact LexisNexis:
If you need assistance while using the Collier TopForm & File software, please call one of the following telephone numbers:
Technical Support 800-223-5297 if you have difficulty installing or using the software, or if you encounter an error message. Technical Support is available Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 12 midnight Eastern time. Please be at the computer on which the program is running and have your account number ready.
Customer Service 800-833-9844 if you have questions about your account.